About Me

My photo
I have been called to serve an LDS mission in Raleigh North Carolina. I could not be more excited! I have been so blessed in my life. I've overcome a lot of things in my life. I forgive easy and love easy. I have amazing friends and family and could not ask for better. I love doing anything outdoors, singing, serving, cleaning, and making life the best it can be.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

I'll be worthy to stand

"The battle rages on in the shadow of another day, it's harder to be strong when so many here have lost their way.  I will give and I'll fight just to hold on to one ray of light.  I will not despair, I will listen for the masters call I will be prepared I'll be ready to surrender all.  I will go, I will do.  Be the witness that I promised you, I will give all that I have.  Put my heart in heavens hands.  I'll defend the cause of truth in every land I'll be worthy to STAND."

This beautiful song had been my motto for the past couple of months.  In October of 2012 during the LDS General Conference.  Our beloved prophet made a beautiful announcement that the age of young men and young women missionaries was being lowered,  Young men could now go at 18 and young women could now go at 19.  Just a couple days before I had been talking to my best friend about how I did not feel like I was really going anywhere, how I needed a change in my life.  I was going to college and working but i felt like at that time I had a greater purpose.  When the announcement came I was thrilled but also terrified out of my mind.  I prayed and pondered if I should go for about 2 weeks, I knew all along what the answer was.  I WOULD BE SERVING A MISSION!! This is the best decision I have made so far in my life.  I'm the happiest I have ever been. 

The day of me to open my mission call came shortly after.  Many friends and family came to support me and watch me open my call.  It was a very exciting day.  When I first got my call to North Carolina I'm not going to lie I was a little disappointed.  I really wanted to go foreign to some exotic place; I started to question a lot about why I was going on a mission.  I was in a really low place when my dad asked me a question that changed everything.  "If you care so much about where you are serving, are you going for the right reasons?"  Talk about a humbling and thoughtful question that could only come from a father concerned about his child.  In some ways I know Heavenly Father would be asking me that same question.  I fervently prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me understand why I got called to North Carolina and to have a love for serving wherever I go.  After several days of prayer my answer came.  I went with my singles ward to temple square, while we were in the temple visitor center I ran into 3 Sister Missionaries who were all from North Carolina, from the exact same area I will be serving in.  They told me that I would love it there, the people, the food, and how beautiful the area was.  I know the world would see this as a coincidence but I know Heavenly Father does answers prayers, and truly was looking out for me in my time of need.  He wants me to go on a mission.  I will and have accepted his call and am so excited to leave in 4 short days on my mission!

"Never underestimate the purpose of a trial.  The works of Christ will be made manifest in your life.  It is through adversity that we experience the sweetest parts of the atonement.  Enduring our trials allows us to experience healing power of Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment